Forum Sponsor and Support Opportunities
Here are some of the reasons and ways an organization or manufacturer can benefit from sponsoring and supporting the first of its kind Ferret Shelter Forum.
What’s It About?
The Ferret Shelter Forum is designed for organizations that accept and place domestic ferrets. Focusing on shelter operations, workshops aren’t just for ferret rescue groups, but area humane societies and municipal animal control accepting ferrets. Several are also applicable to other small, species-specific shelters, attracting a diverse audience of people who care for animals.
As the message of adoption reaches more and more people seeking a pet, shelters have become a valued resource. People trust a nonprofit shelter to offer them unbiased, responsible care information.
Whether you are a vet supply house who offers discount prices, an existing supplier seeking new outlets, a manufacturer marketing a new or existing product, or simply a firm that believes in giving back to animals, sponsoring and supporting the Ferret Shelter Forum is an inexpensive way to demonstrate that you care about animal welfare.
Schedule & Attendance
The Forum will take place on Saturday August 27, 2016 from 8-5 pm. The Forum is designed for both onsite and offsite participation. The historic Lyceum Conference Center in Hartford acts as a home for conferences and educational programs. The reserved space can accommodate 25 onsite attendees and up to 20 more per workshop via conference software. Our goal is to have 30-60 different participants.
Promotion & Recognition
Press releases will be sent by May 1 to Animal Sheltering magazine and pet trade industry publications. Additional press information will be released locally.
Gold and Silver Sponsors will be featured in all Forum materials, on banners, and credited at the end of permanently archived presentation uploads. Forum information will be hosted on the Ferret Association website and Ferret Shelters Directory, an international database of facilities that accept/place ferrets. Sponsor and Supporter names, links, and logos can be placed up to July 15. The program has advertising space available or you may insert marketing material or gift items in attendee gift bags as late as August 1. Naming opportunities are available for tote bags, notebooks, or pens.
We welcome gifts of products! As part of our Forum fundraising, FACT will hold Facebook auctions where your company will be promoted as a product donor to nearly 1,000 pet enthusiasts. Multiple small gifts such as toys or samples (approx. 50 needed) will be distributed to attendees in their gift bags.
- Those seeking recognition in national publications: please respond before April 30.
- For logo inclusion on websites, tote bags, notepads or pens: please respond before July 15.
- For program advertising: please respond before Aug. 1 with pdf file.
- To include your catalog, brochure or flyer in gift bags: Please provide 50 copies by August 15.
Forum Sponsor Support Reply Form
- The Petco Foundation (PLATINUM sponsor)
- The Edith J. Goode Residuary Trust (PLATINUM sponsor)
- Performance Foods, maker of Totally Ferret (GOLD sponsor & tote bag sponsor)
- The Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians (GOLD sponsor)
- Melatek, LLC (SILVER sponsor)
- The Kong Company (Forum bag gifts)
- Drs. Foster & Smith
- The Tomlyn Company, maker of Nutrical & Laxatone for ferrets (Forum gift bags)
- Grizzy Pet Products
- Nupro, Inc.
- One Ferret’s Treasures
- Mary van Dahm (FAIR)
- The Bissell Foundation
- Pet Product News International (Forum gift bags)
The Shelter Forum is hosted by the Ferret Association, a nonprofit humane organization celebrating our 25th anniversary in 2016, as part of our mission to assist others who shelter ferrets.