Ferret Shelters Directory
Conceived and managed by the Ferret Association of Connecticut, the Ferret Shelters Directory is totally new concept in shelter “listings.” It is a comprehensive internet database of ferret shelters and their capabilities. It includes listings for:
- Ferret-only shelters and sanctuaries
- Multi-species animal shelters, like spca’s and humane societies
- Animal control facilities
- Veterinary offices, pet stores and breeders that rehome ferrets
- Individual rescuers and people that work within a referral network.
In addition to address, it offers information on capacity, non-profit status, contact information and offers the ability for searchers to connect directly from the page to the shelter. It has a the ability to search by zip or postal code, distance and even allows a user to get directions right to the shelter if needed.
If the shelter offers items for sale to support their facility, the directory provides that data as well. In addition, links to their adoption pages, website, and social media pages are also available. Ferret event listings also help promote shelters.
- For those seeking to adopt or surrender a ferret, the directory will offer the ability to search for all types of facilities that may offer or accept ferrets within a geographical area.
- For those looking to support shelters, the shop-a-shelter feature will offer the ability to look for shelters that sell products that support their mission.
- Shelters and event listings are international in scope. Anyone needing a “ferret-fix” traveling anywhere in the world, will have a one-stop place to look as the directory grows and expands.
Financial oversight, project management, and direction is presently provided by FACT.
The Ferret Shelters Directory is a collaboration between the Ferret Association of Connecticut, Inc. (FACT), Ferret Emergency, Rescue, Response & Evacuation Team (F.E.R.R.E.T.), and Support our Shelters (SOS).
The Ferret Shelters Directory is supported by the Ferret Association of Connecticut, Inc.; the Norman E. & Gwyneth L. Staats Foundation through the Circle of Compassion for Animals and The Emma Barnsley Foundation.
It is also supported by public donations. Won’t you consider helping us keep this valuable resource available to ferret owners everywhere? The Ferret Association of Connecticut, Inc. is a 501(c)3 tax exempt charitable organization. All donations are tax deductible to US citizens the extent allowed by law.