Help Ferrets In Your Community
The Ferret Association of Connecticut offers many opportunities to become involved in helping ferrets. Whether you are local in the Hartford area or located halfway around the world, you can take part in any number of programs. And while cash donations are always welcome and appreciated, there are other, less direct ways to give support to ferrets in your community.
- Facebook Activities such as Xavier Group;
- Information Groups;
- Sewing for Shelters;
- Participating in/managing and monitoring Causes on various sites;
- Recycling Program Fund-raisers;
- Pet Store Education Days;
- Building Relationships with Local Humane Organizations and Government Officials;
- the list could be endless.
Just as importantly, here are ways that may not always be the best way to approach helping ferrets:
- Rescuing ferrets by buying them from a pet store except in highly unusual circumstances;
- Having “too many” ferrets
- Starting a rescue unless you have a financial plan, a board of directors, and some local support in advance (or VERY deep pockets!)